Monday, February 1, 2010

On my way...

I'm en route to Uganda! I'm just enjoying a cappuccino in the Amsterdam airport as I prepare for the next flight to Entebbe.
People often ask if I'm excited about the trip. I get excited when I land on the ground at the final destination. Before I leave I am often operating at an insane pace as I try to tie up all loose ends before I depart. This time was no different. Thankfully, I had my dear friend by my side to help me focus whilst trying to leave the house. There's so much to think about when one is going away for two months. This will be the longest time I've been away. I've had some anxiety about leaving my business, my responsibilities and my loved ones, but I know I'm on the right path. There is 4 Oneworld work to be accomplished and I must follow my heart to Uganda. I have such a wonderful community of friends there and I can't wait to spend time with them. I've been going to Uganda for 4 Oneworld since 2005 and every time is such a rewarding experience. I am surrounded by such genuine, kind human beings and I just get to soak up all that love. 4 Oneworld is fortunate to have connected with such quality individuals in Uganda that the work doesn't feel like work. It feels life spending time with old friends. So, I've left my friends in the US and now I'm going to hang with my friends in Uganda. Life is good. Until Uganda....Peace & Love, t

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tara... how are you doing in Uganda today? How is St. Kizito?
    And the Red Chili?
    I think often of my own way too short stay in Uganda and am so happy to see so many of the people now involved with 4oneworld visiting Uganda this year. Seeing Africa changed so much in my heart.
    Thanks for your determination in continuing this ever so wonderful from-the-heart effort.
    much love
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again... Thanks so much for making this experience so vivid and tangible to us. I could just see, smell and see Kampala again.
    Keep it coming if and when you can.
    Be safe. Much love and many hugs... Mimi

    ReplyDelete